Links of articles I’ve recently posted at http://singztechmusings.in. Hope you like it!
If you’re regularly following this blog, here’s an update for you: I’m also posting articles in my self-hosted wordpress instance at http://singztechmusings.in. I’ve listed here some of the articles I’ve recently added there, hope you find it helpful!
Java Garbage Collection Algorithm Design Choices And Metrics To Evaluate Garbage Collector Performance
Memory Management in the Java HotSpot Virtual Machine View more documents from white paper Serial vs Parallel With serial collection, only one thing happens at a time. For example, even when multiple CPUs are available, only one is utilized to perform the collection. When parallel collection is used, the task of garbage collection is split into parts [...]
Getting started with Git: A beginner’s guide to work with Git commands / EGit in Eclipse IDE for common version control operations
Happened to see a presentation about Git basics – Understanding and Using Git at Eclipse – presented at Eclipsecon2011, thought it’d be helpful for Git beginners who might encounter this post. Outline What is Git? – A Distributed Version Control System (DVCS) – Originally created for Linux kernel Git vs Centralized Version Control Cloning & [...]
Eclipse IDE – Subclipse plugin: How to clear the saved / cached SVN password credential for JavaHL SVN connector in Windows 7?
1. Go to Eclipse IDE (in my case, it’s Helios)> Window > Preferences > Team > SVN > SVN interface (in the displayed contents of SVN) > Client. If you see Java HL, you need to do Step 2 to clear the saved password (By default, Subclipse, the Eclipse plugin we use to connect to [...]
Python – An Introduction Quoting from Wikipedia, Python is a general-purpose, high-level programming language whose design philosophy emphasizes code readability. Python claims to “[combine] remarkable power with very clear syntax”, and its standard library is large and comprehensive. Its use of indentation for block delimiters is unique among popular programming languages. Python supports multiple programming paradigms, primarily but not limited to object-oriented, imperative and, to a lesser extent, functional programming styles. [...]
To attach sources and javadocs along with the build, you need to add these two plugins to the POM (or parent POM) – maven-source-plugin and maven-javadoc-plugin. Configuring Maven Source Plugin Configuring Maven Javadoc Plugin Build On Run As > Maven Package, you’ll get the sources / javadocs in target/ folder and on Run As > [...]
Solution #1: Run As > Maven Build… > Goals: eclipse:eclipse -DdownloadSources -DdownloadJavadocs Solution #2: Right-click on the Maven project / a particular JAR > Maven > Download Sources (or) Download JavaDoc Downloading sources would be really helpful when you’re debugging your project – you would be able to step inside the source files corresponding to [...]
Articles at http://singztechmusings.in
- Java Garbage Collection Algorithm Design Choices And Metrics To Evaluate Garbage Collector Performance
- Getting started with Git: A beginner’s guide to work with Git commands / EGit in Eclipse IDE for common version control operations
- Eclipse IDE – Subclipse plugin: How to clear the saved / cached SVN password credential for JavaHL SVN connector in Windows 7?
- Getting started with Python in Windows: Step-by-step guide to install PyDev Eclipse Plugin
- Attaching sources / javadocs to your own Maven artifacts’ build in Eclipse
- How to get sources / javadocs attached to Eclipse for Maven artifacts?
- Different SOAP encoding styles – RPC, RPC-literal, and document-literal
- Java: How to save / download a file available at a particular URL location in Internet?
- NoSQL at Twitter: Why / How they use Scribe, Hadoop/Pig, HBase, Cassandra, and FlockDB for data analytics?
- How to create/generate OSGi bundles from existing third-party jars?
- Using .NET v2.0 generated WSDLs with JAX-WS: How to resolve “A class/interface with the same name “XXXX” is already in use. Use a class customization to resolve this conflict”?
- How to retrieve/extract metadata information from audio files using Java and Apache Tika API?
- Here comes the next mention in SpringSource News & Announcements
- Linux/Unix: How to manipulate or change the last modified/accessed time of a file using touch command?
- Getting started with Spring Integration v2 and Enterprise Integration Patterns – A Simple Example using File and Mail Adapters
- Apache CXF: How to add custom HTTP headers to a web service request?
- Creating OSGi projects using Eclipse IDE and Maven
- Apache CXF: How to add custom SOAP message headers to a web service request?
- Got a mention in SpringSource announcements for this week – feels nice
- Performance Engineering: Slides on eBay Architecture Principles and High Performance Computing
- OSGi adoption by Large Scale Java-based Enterprise Software Platforms – LinkedIn Case Study
- Aspect Oriented Programming with AspectJ and Spring AOP – A simple example to create logging aspect
- Working with OSGi and Maven in Eclipse IDE
- Groovy Programming with Eclipse: A Beginner’s Guide
- Apache CXF-based Java Web Services: How to log/print the payload XML of incoming SOAP request using LoggingInInterceptor?
- Getting started with Python programming – A simple example with all basic stuff
- Migrating from EJB to Spring and from JBoss to Apache Tomcat: A Real-Life Case Study of Hyperic v4.5 Release
- Getting started with Velocity templating engine: Constructing HTML content in a Spring-based Java application
- Loading configurable parameters from properties files into Spring bean context definitions using PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer – An example
- How to resolve HibernateObjectRetrievalFailureException (org.hibernate.ObjectNotFoundException: No row with the given identifier exists exception)?
- Web Services Specifications/Standards – A handy poster for Web Services’ Architects/Developers
- Data Structure Questions/Concepts – Part 2
- Data Structure Questions/Concepts – Part 1
- Contract-first Web Services: What are the different ways to define XML data contract?
- Java HotSpot VM Options: Client Vs Server And Impact On Performance
- Apache XML-RPC: How to configure timeouts in XML-RPC client?
- ulimit: How to permanently set kernel limits in Linux?
- Apache CXF: How message processing happens and what’s the role of interceptor?
- Apache CXF: Adding a custom interceptor to an interceptor chain
- List all possible/different ways to create a Java object
- Java Just-In-Time (JIT) Compiler: What is it, how does it work, where does it fit into JVM architecture (JIT vs Interpreter)?
- Apache CXF: Implementing Failover and Load Balancing
- Scalability Patterns/Real-life Scalability Best Practices
- How to configure timeouts at client side for Apache CXF web services?
- Java: Timezone Correction/Conversion with Daylight Savings Time settings
- J2EE/Java EE File Formats: EAR vs WAR
- Getting started with Java’s ProcessBuilder: A simple utility class to interact with Linux from Java program
- PooledConnectionFactory vs CachingConnectionFactory: Which one is a perfect match for Spring JmsTemplate?
- SQL: How to copy just table structure or create a table from another table without copying any values from the old table?
- How to run Java services (or background daemon processes) in an application server or web container?
- Testing Java Regular Expressions: A Useful Harness
- JBoss App Server Memory and Thread Info Using JMX Console
- How to reload an application WAR in JBoss using twiddle utility?
- How to deploy/test a web application using tomcat-maven-plugin?
- java.lang.ClassCastException: [ServletName] cannot be cast to javax.servlet.Servlet: How to resolve?
- How to check the uptime of a process (or an application) running in Linux machine using shell script?
- Java: How to check if a web page exists/available?
- How to get the last modified time of a file in Linux?
- How to check if a process is running or not in Linux, and execute something based on that?
- WSDLToJava Error: Rpc/encoded wsdls are not supported with CXF
- org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter – Communications link failure | SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 08S01
- Hibernate Performance Tuning Tip: Identifying and Resolving N+1 SELECTs Problem
- How to specify multiple WSDLs for generating JAX-WS artifacts using CXF’s Maven plugin for wsdl2java (cxf-codegen-plugin)?
- HTTPS Communication: How it works?
- Capturing web page screenshot using WebDriver API
- How to configure timeout duration at client side for axis2 web services?
- How to resolve java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Path does not chain with any of the trust anchors error in axis2?
- Resolving SOAPFaultException caused by com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException
- Maven: Packaging all dependencies in a single JAR
- Using CachingConnectionFactory with Spring JmsTemplate: What problem does it solve?
- StringBuffer vs StringBuilder: Which one is preferrable?
- Apache ActiveMQ – How to resolve java.io.IOException: Too many open files exception?
- Resolving java.lang.ClassFormatError: Absent Code attribute in method that is not native or abstract.. error
- Getting started with WebDriver: A simple example
- Enterprise Messaging with ActiveMQ and Spring JMS
- log4j: routing logs to multiple files based on log levels
- java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
- Criteria Queries vs HQL in Hibernate
- How to secure JMX Console in JBossAS?
- Multiple WARs using Hibernate (with c3p0 connection pool) in same app server
- Resolving java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded?
- How to quickly configure authorization settings in ActiveMQ?
- Java Web Services: SOAP over SSL – CXF Framework
- XML-RPC over SSL
- Question: How to kill all processes matching a particular pattern in Linux?
- Question: How do I invoke stored procedures/functions using Hibernate?
- How to deploy exploded war in JBoss?
- Handling Task Rejections – Java’s Executor/Spring’s TaskExecutor
- Spring Task Scheduler vs Quartz
About this entry
You’re currently reading “Links of articles I’ve recently posted at http://singztechmusings.in. Hope you like it!,” an entry on Singaram's Tech Musings
- January 6, 2012 / 9:40 PM